The 2018 CULTURE Conference Content Committee now seeks submissions of abstracts for papers to a joint planned conference to share knowledge, celebrate the rich culture of the Pacific and discuss common issues on heritage conservation across the region.
The conference paper presentations will take place over three days (3-5 October) in Suva, Fiji with a pre-conference ‘Pasifika Charter’ workshop in Levuka World Heritage Port Town, which will form one of the forum discussions during the conference. Specific sessions on Underwater Cultural Heritage and Culture-Nature Journey will be held during the conference. There will also be post-conference tours to various sites in Fiji. Delegates will have the opportunity to present papers on common heritage conservation issues under the main theme of CULTURE and four sub-themes:
- Heritage at Risk – Climate Change and Disasters
- Cultural Landscape Practice and Management
- Diverse Communities – Intangible Heritage
- Heritage as a Pillar of Sustainable Development
The abstracts should indicate:
- the full title of the paper
- the chosen sub-theme or specific session
- three to five keywords that reflect the general theme of the paper
- the author’s name(s), institutional affiliation and contact details (postal address, phone, fax, email)
The deadline for abstracts is now 16 April 2018.