EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE
EXTENDED TO 15 AUGUST 2018
NOTE: Individuals intending to travel to Fiji for this conference should make sure they obtain appropriate travel safety advice, as they would with all overseas travel. The Australian Government’s advice on travelling to Fiji can be read here. Also consider creating a “Smart Traveller” account and subscribing to updates.
See the CULTURE_REGISTRATION BROCHURE_v2.5 for more information about the registration options, or read on.
Visit the PROGRAM page for the draft program.
How to Register
Payment can be made on line via credit card or via EFT payment (bank details will be on the tax invoice that will be issued when you conclude the registration process). Please note that registrations for the 2018 CULTURE: Conserving it Together Conference are only available on line.
If you would like to process multiple registrations, you will need to register each person separately, by using the group registration portal. This is important to record each individual’s attendance at the social functions and choice of pre and/or post conference tours, as well as their correct contact details. When registering you can chose the appropriate payment option prior to submitting the online registration and pay collectively for multiple registrations.
Acknowledgement of Registration
All registrations will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of completed registration with full payment. Registrations received without payment will not be processed until payment is received.
Conference Registration Fees
Please note that all participants are required to pay for attendance to the conference. There are no free registrations provided for paper presenters. In this way, the conference fees can be kept to a minimum to make the conference affordable for as many people as possible. Note all fees quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST.
Conference fees (in Australian Dollars & GST inclusive) are as follows:
Early Bird – Payable by 15 August 2018
|Early Bird – Non-Members||$600|
|Early Bird – ICOMOS Members* ^||$500|
|Early Bird – Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States**||$150|
|Early Bird – ICOMOS Pasifika Members||$125|
|Standard – Non-Members||$700|
|Standard – ICOMOS Members* ^||$600|
|Standard – Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States**||$250|
|Standard – ICOMOS Pasifika Members||$225|
|Full Student – Non-Members (Must be full time, ID Required)||$450|
|Full Student – Members* ^ (Must be full time, ID Required)||$400|
Full Student – Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States** (Must be full time, ID Required)
|Full Student – ICOMOS Pasifika Members (Must be full time, ID Required)||$165|
|Day Registration – Non-Members||$350|
|Day Registration – Members* ^||$300|
|Day Registration – Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States**||$125|
|Day Registration – ICOMOS Pasifika Members||$100|
* Please note: “Member” rates apply to financial members of Australia ICOMOS, ICOMOS and ICOMOS New Zealand members.
^ Current members of Australia ICOMOS please note: Your 2018/2019 membership fees must be paid before a registration at the member rate can be accepted and fully processed. Prospective members please CLICK HERE for more information.
** Please note: “Pacific Small Island Developing States” rates apply to the residents of Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federation States of Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. A copy of the Passport ID page is required.
Registration Fee includes:
- Conference attendance, morning and afternoon teas and lunches on Wednesday 3, Thursday 4 and Friday the 5 October.
- Welcome Reception on Tuesday 2 October at the Museum of Fiji veranda. Cocktail style reception finger food only. This function is only open to registered delegates with extra tickets not available. Dinner by own arrangement thereafter. Delegates will have the opportunity to view the Museum collections prior to the drinks. The traditional Fijian Sevusevu welcome ceremony will precede the Welcome Reception and all registered delegates are encouraged to attend this official ceremony.
- ICOMOS members will also be able to attend the ICOMOS Asia-Pacific Regional meeting on Tuesday 2 October from 12:30-1:00pm.
- Emerging Practitioners function at NOVOTEL Suva Lami Bay on Wednesday 3 October evening is open only for delegates at 35-year-old and younger and attendance must be indicated in the appropriate section of the registration portal. Light finger food and drinks will be provided for registered delegates. NOTE: Tickets are $25 for additional guests. Dinner by own arrangement thereafter.
Please note that registration does not include accommodation, the conference dinner or the Pre-Conference Levuka Workshop; and Pre and Post Conference Tours. Tickets for these activities can be arranged by completing the appropriate section in the registration portal. Additional tickets for partners are available for purchase for the social events if they wish to attend (excluding Welcome Reception).
- Maximum 2 tickets per delegate. Please note that the cost is inclusive of dinner and drinks (2 glasses of wine per person). Cost (in Australian Dollars & GST inclusive):
|Non-Members & Members* ^||$120 per person|
|Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States**||$85 per person|
|ICOMOS Pasifika Members||$75 per person|
Emerging Professionals Function (NOVOTEL Suva Lami Bay – Wai Siliva Floating hall)
- AUS$25 for extra tickets (1 ticket for those Conference delegates aged 35 and under is included in registration fees)
Pre-Conference Levuka Workshop
(Travel from Suva on Saturday, 29 September & return to Suva on Tuesday, 2 October 2018, 2-day workshop on Sunday & Monday). >>MORE INFORMATION ON THE WORKSHOP
Cost including travel from and to Suva, but excluding accommodation (in Australian Dollars & GST inclusive):
|Non-Members & Members* ^||$300 per person|
|Residents of Pacific Small Island Developing States**||$225 per person|
|ICOMOS Pasifika Members||$200 per person|
Post-Conference Tour (1.5-day tour)
- Sigatoka Sand Dunes & Momi Battery Historic Park – Saturday 6 October, bus travel from Suva for afternoon tour to Sigatoka for the National Trust of Fiji Islands properties
- Overnight stay near Lautoka
- Lautoka Sugar Mill – Sunday 7 October morning then return to Nadi airport
AUS$280 per person twin share – Tour price include bus travel commencing on Saturday 6 October morning from Suva, overnight accommodation TWIN SHARE and return bus trip to Nadi airport on Sunday 7 October afternoon.
AUS $300 per person single room – Tour price include bus travel commencing on Saturday 6 October morning from Suva, overnight accommodation OWN ROOM and return bus trip to Nadi airport on Sunday 7 October afternoon
In an effort to save our planet’s resources, we are utilising technology for this year’s programme, rather than sacrificing trees! A delegate App will be created for all delegates use. The App will be made available prior to the conference and will include things like the delegate list, conference programme, papers and general info for use during the conference. A simple printed programme will also be available at the conference for those who prefer traditional media or if technology is not your thing. You may also choose to print a copy of the programme and relevant information before you arrive.
If cancelling your registration on or before Friday 31 August you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid, less a $110 administration fee. After 31 August, no refunds are available however substitute delegates may be sent. ALL cancellations made must be in writing to the conference secretariat via email.